Evaluation of Mitochondrial Toxicity and Dysregulation
ImQuest BioSciences offers a panel of in vitro mitochondrial toxicity assays to evaluate the off-target effects of pharmaceutical products on mitochondrial function. Implicated in a wide variety of toxicological outcomes, adverse effects on the liver, cardiac and kidney tissues can result from dysregulation of mitochondrial function. These assays can be utilized to better predict the off-target effect of novel chemical or biological entities. Test articles can also be tested in a wide variety of primary cell models in addition to thee biochemical and cell based mitochondrial toxicity assays. Various molecular and protein based endpoints can be quantified readily by qPCR and molecular methods, as well as protein markers of mitochondrial function by Luminex endpoints.
Inquire to learn more about our in vitro toxicity services.
Mitochondrial Toxicity Assays
- Mitochondrial mitogenesis and protein production
- Mitochondrial respiration and function
- Mitochondrial membrane integrity assays
- Quantification and evaluation of mitochondrial MT-ND1 gene expression (evaluation of other gene products available)
- Effect of Glucose/Galactose medias on mitochondrial function
- DNA polymerase assays (alpha, beta and gamma polymerases)
- Human mitochondrial RNA polymerase biochemical assays
- Human oxidative phosphorylation magnetic bead panels (Luminex)
- Mechanism of viral or test article induced cell death (e.g., necrosis, apoptosis, pyroptosis)
- Long term evaluations in differentiated HepRG cell based assays
- Primary cell and iPSC based cell viability and functional assays (Liver, cardiac, kidney, other cell types available on request)
Request a Scientific Consultation
We would love to hear more about your research and development needs. Contact us and we can coordinate a discussion with one of our technical directors to better understand your needs and develop a customized solution.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Reach out to us, we can help.
Explore Additional Services
The ImQuest scientific team has extensive expertise in the development of small molecules, natural products, biologics and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of infectious disease, cancer, and inflammatory disease. Explore our additional service offerings, or reach out to schedule a consultation.
Our goal is to help our clients accelerate their research and development efforts leading to the successful development of new products for the prevention and treatment of human disease. We have a very specific mission; accelerate your research and development plans and provide robust data in support of your projects.