Full-service antibiotic development program combining in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo animal model efficacy, toxicity and mechanism of action evaluations for antibacterial and antifungal testing.
In vitro and in vivo services for ESKAPE pathogens, clinical and laboratory strains, drug-resistant strains, a wide variety of gram positive, gram negative and anaerobic organisms, and fungal organisms. Bacterial stock production services are also available.
Antibacterial testing services are available for the evaluation of small molecules, natural products, immune modulators, biologics and therapeutic antibodies and provide necessary support from initial discovery, structure-activity relationship evaluation, lead identification and IND-directed preclinical development.
Customized assay design, endpoint modification, and internalization and validation of pre-developed or published methods are available.
Contact us to discuss assay needs not specifically listed.
In Vitro Services
- CLSI broth-based microdilution for MIC and MBC determination
- Kill-curve analysis
- Analysis of bactericidal versus bacteriostatic activity
- Serum bactericidal effects assay
- Post-antibiotic effect
- Anti-Persister Cell Assays
- Inhibition of biofilm development
- Minimum Biofilm Inhibitory Concentration (MBIC)
- Combination antimicrobial evaluations and Fractional Inhibitory Concentration (FIC) determination
- Resistance selection and characterization
- Microbial quantification and identification
- Mechanism of action studies:
- Macromolecular Synthesis Assays: radiolabelled precursor incorporation analysis
- In vitro generation and characterization of spontaneous resistance mutations
- β-lactamase Assays
- DNA Topoisomerase and DNA Gyrase Assays
In Vivo Services
Request a Scientific Consultation
We would love to hear more about your research and development needs. Contact us and we can coordinate a discussion with one of our technical directors to better understand you needs and develop a customized solution.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Reach out to us, we can help.
Explore Additional Services
The ImQuest scientific team has extensive expertise in the development of small molecules, natural products, biologics and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of infectious disease, cancer, and inflammatory disease. Explore our additional service offering, or reach out to schedule a consultation.
Our goal is to help our clients accelerate their research and development efforts leading to the successful development of new products for the prevention and treatment of human disease. We have a very specific mission; accelerate your research and development plans and provide robust data in support of your projects.